Frequently Asked Questions
At Real Property Management Hampton Roads, we believe in honesty and communication. This includes answering frequently asked questions to help you stay educated and informed. We invite you to review our FAQs to understand more about how we manage your rental property in Virginia Beach, VA, and the surrounding areas.
- What is landlord insurance and should I have it?
- What are your insurance requirements?
- Do you charge a set-up or leasing fee?
- Can I use my own contractors for repairs?
- What are your advertising and tenant lead generation procedures?
- Can I apply online?
- Do you offer virtual tours?
- How long does it take to rent out a house?
- What is your tenant criteria?
- Can I get out of the management agreement?
- When do I get paid?
- Will you inspect my property?
- What if the tenant stops paying?
- Why don’t you have your own maintenance company?
- Why can’t I clean the house myself?
- Should I accept pets?
- What if I want to store personal property at my own home?
- Can I rent out a fully furnished rental property?
- Do I need to finish repairs before you start showing the property?
- How long of a lease should we sign?
- Why is there a lockbox on my property?
- Should I provide a gardener/yard care provider?
- Will you pay my mortgage, HOA dues, property taxes, or other related property bills?
- Despite Real Property Management being a big brand, will I still receive the personal service of a small business?
- What if I want to sell the home while under your management?
- Why shouldn’t I manage the property myself?
- Who is my main contact or property manager?
- How do I get my owners reports/statements?
- Can a tenant stop paying rent if I don’t make my mortgage payments?
Contact Real Property Management Hampton Roads
Our property management strategy is guaranteed to save you money at every stage of the process. We make it easy to protect your investment, minimize costs, and maximize your income—without interrupting your daily life.
Don’t see an answer you’re seeking? Here are 25 common questions to ask your property manager. You can also contact us online or call us directly at 757-395-4274.