Having rental properties is a lot of pressure. Sometimes, the number of tasks you need to do to keep your rental Norfolk homes leased and in good condition can seem overwhelming. But there is one perfect solution to make your life a lot better: hire a property management company. A full-service Norfolk property management company such as Real Property Management Hampton Roads can conduct almost all of the projects needed to run your rental property. More specifically, there are nine aspects that a property management company makes your life easier.
- Market assessments. You need to perform a regular comparative market analysis on your Norfolk rental properties to set rental rates, plan future improvements, and so on. It takes a while to do it well. A good property management company will do it for you.
- Preparing your rental to lease. Before a tenant moves in, there are several things you have to do to get your rental house ready. Everything should work as effectively as possible. From repairs to cleaning, a property management company can handle it all.
- Advertising. To keep your property leased continuously, you need to advertise. It can be a complicated task, particularly if you want to display your property on multiple rental websites. Though, if you hire a property management company, they will handle it all for you.
- Tenant screening. Identifying the right tenants is an essential aspect that you can confidently assign to a good property management company. Screening tenants on your own can be an exhausting and complicated task. But a property management company will arrange applications, run background checks, call references, and more.
- Lease preparation and signing. Putting together lease documents that are clear and comprehensive can be a challenge. In this situation, a professional property management company is hard to beat. They will have lease documents and related paperwork that has been adequately prepared by legal experts.
- Collecting rent. Nowadays, tenants want to pay for their rent online. So then what if they don’t pay? A good property management company will give tenants multiple payment options and deal with any possible late payment issues.
- Property maintenance. All rental properties require regular maintenance to remain profitable. A perfect property management company will give you home service professionals that are ready and available to handle your property. Therefore, you know that things run regularly and correctly.
- Lease renewals. Working with current tenants to renew their leases is a normal part of keeping rental properties. They may need to negotiate their terms or payment, or you may need to increase the rent to current market rates. A property management company can help you navigate these conversations with confidence.
- Managing move-outs. If your tenant wants to terminate their lease contract, the move-out process begins. You will perform several different tasks at once while searching for a new tenant. It’s going to be chaotic if you don’t have a property management company that will do it all for you.
Entrusting your rental property to somebody else might make you worry at first. But once you’ve encountered how much time you will save and how few difficulties you’ll need to manage with a Norfolk property manager from Real Property Management Hampton Roads on your team, you might wonder why you didn’t get a property management company sooner.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.