It’s a common saying that when it comes to real estate investing, location matters. And you can’t talk about the location without mentioning your property’s house number. It may sound like a minor detail, but making your rental house’s number both attractive and easy to see is an important part of good investment property management.
You need prospective tenants to find your property instantly, except for the postal service, emergency services personnel, and more. However, it is also necessary to keep your Chesapeake property’s curb appeal high. With some interesting house number ideas, you can easily accomplish both.
- Wooden House Plaque: Some things look better with natural wood. Maybe this is the reason it is an excellent option for a beautiful and functional house number plaque. Whether you choose something classy or rustic, a wooden plaque can give your rental property the high-visibility numbers you need.
- House Number Post: When your rental is surrounded by trees or is established at a distance from the road, then maybe a house number post would work best. At long last, when it comes to house numbers, visibility is key! Other creative choices include a post with a hanging planter or combining your mailbox and house address post altogether.
- Rock Decal: If your front landscaping includes one or more large stones – or you’re thinking to add one – try using the rock’s face as a surface for your property’s house numbers. You can either paint the numbers on, use a stencil, or attach a weatherproof sign. There are both outstanding and functional.
- Raised Planter: Along with landscaping stones, it only takes a little creativity to transform a raised planter box into a house number sign. Try attaching a planter box to some posts at the end of the driveway for good visibility. House numbers that are easy to see are perfect for rental properties.
- Illuminated Numbers: For the round-the-clock effect, try using house numbers that light up. Using acrylic or some materials, you can easily put weather-resistant lighting behind each number to make your property noticeable.
- Tree or Yard Sign: Another practical and impressive choice is to hang your property’s house numbers on a large tree or a signpost in the yard. This is the perfect way to ensure that your property is easy to find even if you have foliage blocking the front of the house.
- Front Door Vinyl: If your rental property’s front door is easy to see, it is best to stick the house numbers directly on the door itself. With some custom vinyl numbers and a door in a darker color, you can use the contrast to make it stand out.
- Curb Stencil: Don’t forget about the tried-and-true house number staple: the curb stencil. Painting your house number on the curb out front can make identifying your property instantly and efficiently. It’s also a simple do-it-yourself project. With some stencils and spray paint, your property’s house numbers will be easy to maintain annually.
Are you seeking more ways to help attract more prospective renters to your property? Real Property Management Hampton Roads can help! Contact us online or give us a call at 757-395-4274.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.