If you have a home, you certainly also have a junk drawer. This is where you keep all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s typically a mess, and it’s usually complicated to find what you’re looking for. But did you consider that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? If you put the right stuff in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This may seem common, but you’d be shocked at how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight might come in handy when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark place.
- Batteries. Batteries are required for several things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Always carry extra batteries on hand, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Opt for one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another great tool that can be utilized for multiple tasks, from gripping something too small to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always best to keep some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is useful all the time.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Choose small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer organized.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is required for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will come in handy.
- Scissors. Scissors can be helpful for everything, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Get a little pair of scissors that you can easily put in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands are useful for various activities, from keeping cords neat to bundling up newspapers. They’re also perfect for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, remember the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Though most junk drawers are messy, this does not seem to be the situation. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) may assist in keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items stress-free to find. If your junk drawer is already a nightmare, here are some pointers for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a few easy steps.
Now that you determine what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! But, if you think that your current Chesapeake home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, talk to Real Property Management Hampton Roads. We offer quality rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your suitable lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.